Tailored workflow solutions is the best way to ensure efficiency and accuracy in every day tasks, since every business and organization have different needs. Repetitive tasks can be automized and best practice routines can be systemized to the detail. Customized workflow solutions provides the users with good usability and saves time & money.
What is workflow?
Usability, efficiency and routines
The best possible workflow, whether you are dealing with text, images, video or a combination of various media files, depends on optimal use of available tools. An increasing degree of automation and a decline in the number of staff trained in specialized traditional professions, sets new demands on information-intensive businesses:
- What controls image quality?
- How can automated routines be utilized the best possible way?
- Which competence should the employees have?
- How to distinguish between media files for presentations, web and print publication?
- How to achieve printed images with the best possible quality?
- What should we place in the archives?
There is no absolute answer to these questions; a solution ideal for one business might prove unproductive for another. The answer depends on the business’ objectives and access to resources.
Example: Quality of printed images
Printed newspapers and magazines depend on good routines and correctly configured tools for optimal image quality in the printed product. The production often consists of several stages with several technical and editorial solutions. Minor adjustments in the configuration of each of the production stages can result in a distinctive improvement of the quality of the printed images. Read more about such a project…
How can we help?
By discussing customized workflow solutions with PressIT you draw on the advantages of access to the right tools of cost-effective production and archiving, as well as access to expertise in customization of solutions. We can also assist in fine tuning of existing solutions, looking at each stage of the production process to assess the production process as a whole, with optimized quality as our goal.
Where the software “out-of-the-box” does not provide a solution, we can contribute by developing the missing module between available standard solutions.
How Our Products can provide you
with a customized workflow
The products we offer have a strong ability to adjust to different organizations and user groups. They offer many tools which have been specifically developed in order to provide your asset management solution with the functionality you need. Some selected highlights;
- rights management; configure who sees which archives and files, and which actions they are given rights to (modify, workflow, download, order etc.)
- upload with automated routing and filters
- customizable metadata templates
- configureable w/different search and text entry options
- support of OBDC and API connections
- automation of repetitive tasks
LaidBack Solutions’ products all focus on workflow and automated tasks. The solutions are tailor made for newspapers, magazines, print houses and corporate publishing.
The highly customizable workflow tools include:
- File Train: transportation of files with automated actions
- Sherpa: productive plugin for InDesign w/metadata & image adjustment
- Cargo: online preflight system w/customizable web forms
Elpical Claro Premedia provides a complete image processing workflow for fast processing of high volumes of images. The image-processing server analyzes and enhances each image individually. Workflow highlights:
- runs automatically from hot folders
- routing to correct folder/channel based on metadata
- plugins for Photoshop and InDesign
- customizable application layout
- customizable metadata templates w/required fields
- batch actions (import, add metadata, cut, upload, etc.)
- supports ODBC
- multiple streams in server archives
Plugins and tools
We also offer a range of other plugins and tools which can be good aids in creating a custom workflow for your specific needs. Read more…