IFRA går i år av stabelen i Hamburg fra 5. til 7. oktober.
Laidback stiller opp med følgende nyheter:
- Helt ny versjon av Cargo
- Premiere på Cargo Numbers, en statistikkmodul til Cargo
- Premiere på Cargo Saleswatch, en Webbasert modul till Cargo for selgere og produksjonsledere
Laidback ønsker alle hjertelig velkomne til å stikke innom når det måtte passe, men dersom du skulle ønske å booke et møte for å diskutere dine spesifikke behov kan dette avtales direkte med Patrik eller Pär. De finner da en tid som passer for deg!
Mandag kveld (5/10) inviterer Laidback dessuten til en tysk “Biergarten”, det er et begrenset antall plasser, så ta kontakt med Patrik eller Pär for påmelding!
Mer informasjon om World Publishing Expo finnes her:
Feedback is Laidback Solutions’ effective reporting tool for use of copyright images. It is installed on a server and is used by i.e. magazines, newspapers and image agencies.
Many publications use a lot of time manually creating reports of image use for different image sources. Often this is a tedious process executed from the paper version of the magazine. Image agencies are also often faced with reentering this information into their own business systems.
There is a better way – Feedback is the solution to ending this time consuming process for both parties.
Advantages for Publishers
With Feedback creating reports of image use is easy:
- Publisher uploads the PDF with the finished magazine to the Feedback server.
- Feedback extracts the images from the PDF, extracts and handles metadata and sorts all the images by copyright holder. Any images with missing information or duplicates, or other information which may affect your reporting are highlighted.
- Choose the image agency you wish to report to and click report. Define your preferences for the report. The finished report can be emailed, or if the image agency has an own Feedback system, the report can be sent directly to their system!
Advantages for Image Agencies
Image agencies benefit from having their own Feedback server. When publishers create reports in Feedback, the report can be sent directly into the image agency’s system.
With Feedback receiving data of image use is easy:
- Receive complete digital reports which can easily be exported to chosen format and imported into your existing business systems (excel, xml, html, PDF, csv)
- What about web? Feedback can import XML feeds from webpages for reporting.
- Files can be uploaded with the Feedback client or an ordinary FTP-client.
- Both client and server can be run on Windows and Macintosh.
- Feedback handles metadata both as IPTC and XMP.
- Return of investment can often be achieved within weeks.
Feedback is a product from Laidback Solutions. Read more…
Laidback Solutions planlegger slipp av Sherpa 2.0 og Feedback 4.0 i slutten av september. Allerede nå kan vi avsløre noen av nyhetene som kommer i de nye versjonene:
Sherpa er Laidback Solutions’ plugin for behandling av metadata på bilder i InDesign.
Sherpa 2.0 inkluderer bl.a. bedre støtte for hot-folders. Den nye workflow funksjonen lar deg sende bilder til automatisk eller manuell repro, og oppdaterer automatisk layouten når repro er gjennomført. Man kan nå også sette opp automatisk arbeidsflyt og kopiering av bilder til andre lokaliteter basert på metadata funnet i bildefilene. Andre nyheter inkluderer:
- Pop-up meny for metadata: minimer skrive- og stavefeil ved å sette inn verdier i ethvert metadata felt ved hjelp av lagrede verdier.
- Kopier tekst fra metadata ved dra&slipp av teksten til layout i InDesign.
- Endre metadata direkte i metadatafeltet, uten aksjoner.
- Legg til metadata på bilder som ennå ikke har noe metadata.
- Vis all informasjon i stor metadata visning ved mouse over.
- Større forhåndsvisning av bilder i lister ved mouse over.
- Bildekvalitet: Ikoner viser brukeren om de plasserte bildenes oppløsning er høy nok til valgt verdi.
- Pop-up meny for aksjoner: Verdier for aksjoner kan settes som pop-up menyer, for å sikre at brukerne setter inn riktige verdier.
- Alle brukere innen en brukergrupper kan nå dele felles konfigurasjonsfil lagret på server.
- Integrasjon med FileTrain lar brukerne sende bilder til repro fra ved kun ett klikk i Sherpa – bildene sendes til FileTrain som sender dem til repro via FTP, og når de er klare oppdateres de i layouten av Sherpa.
Feedback er Laidback Solutions’ verktøy for rapportering av bildebruk. Programmet installeres på server og brukes av bl.a. magasiner, aviser og bildebyråer.
Feedback 4.0 gjør det lett for utgivere og bildebyråer å samarbeide om effektiv rapportering av bildebruk. Utgiver laster opp en PDF av det utgitte magasinet og Feedback analyserer innholdet og sorterer basert på eier av copyright. Utgiver sjekker og godkjenner bildene, og informasjonen blir automatisk sendt til bildebyråets Feedback system. Begge parter kan nå selv eksportere rapporter i egnet format (excel, xml, html, PDF, csv) for eget bruk.
- Feedback kan nå også importere XML feeds fra websider for rapportering.
- Integrasjon med FileTrain muliggjør at filer fra ulike lokaliteter kan lastes opp automatisk.
Laidback Solutions vil være å treffe på egen stand ved den teknisk/grafiske messen IFRA i Amsterdam, 13. til 15. oktober. Laidback vil vise Sherpa 2.0 og Feedback 4.0, samt fortelle om kommende nyheter i FileTrain og Cargo.
Dersom du ønsker å booke en demo på forhånd, kan du ta kontakt med oss, eller med Laidback. Det er naturligvis også mulig å ta kontakt for en demo her hjemme.
IFRA stand: hall 9, monter 9.400
Les mer om Laidback’s produkter på laidbacksolutions.se
Rogalands Avis in Stavanger has taken advantage of our campaign offer, and has exchanged their old solution for moving files with FileTrain. FileTrain will take over all automated internal and external moving of files in the newspaper’s production.
FileTrain, which is developed by the swedish company LaidbackSolutions, has a user friendly interface which gives intuitive access to the rich and powerful functionality in the software. Our customers who have used FileTrain over a long time period, all state that the first impression that the software is stable and demands little maintenance / support, is comfirmed!
Our campaign offer for exchanging old solutions with FileTrain starts at 19.900 NOK (+mva in Norway) and is valid until 30. June 2014.
See the details of our campaign offer for FileTrain here!
One of the advantages of FileTrain is that it supports versions both for Windows and Apple, with identical functionality. Rogalands Avis has chosen to run their license on a Mac.
The need for intelligent file handling grows in tune with the demand of digital delivery to archives. Put FileTrain on the job!
With FileTrain you can easily automate complex changes to filenames, pack digital reports as a ZIP archive and transfer with FTP. All in one operation!
We can now offer this automated flow and file handling at a reduced price.
Change to FileTrain now, with our offer covering updating from all other similar software (like Enfocus Switch, Distribution Manager, Color Factory, InFront, Hermstedt Stingray, Ipswitch and Connect).
Regular Price: 23.900 NOK
Offer when updating: 19.900 NOK
Regular Price: 4.780 NOK for 12 months
Offer: 4.780 NOK for 18 months
Consultancy / configuration / training : 8 hrs / 1 day: 5.000 NOK
Prices are pr license Windows or Mac, in Norway MVA is added. The offer is valid until 30. June 2014.
On purchase of minimum 1 license w/ software maintenance and 1 day of consultancy we give you the PressIT Zipper for free!
Read about TrønderAvisa who have automated their reports to the National Library with FileTrain and PressIT Zipper.
Read more on Filetrain here.
FileTrain is a product from Laidback Solutions.
One of the leading newspaper groups in Norway, Amedia, with more than 70 newspapers, extend their use of FileTrain from Laidback Solutions, provided by PressIT.
In a project to test out more up to date software for automatic handling of files (receiving, moving, copying, deleting etc.), Amedia moves their workflows from old and out of date software to FileTrain.
This testing has been going on since early 2013, and Amedia recently bought their second license of FileTrain from PressIT, moving even more of their workflow into FileTrain.
How to change TRAH11HOV13080100010.pdf into
Gone are the days when the newspapers delivered their mandatory archive exemplars to the National library on paper. Now the Norwegian “Nasjonalbiblioteket” (NB) demands PDF files in an exact file naming, and structure.
The answer is FileTrain from Laidback Solutions, provided by PressIT. With FileTrain’s powerful tools we can easily change complex file naming structures to meet NB’s demands.
We have combined this with PressIT’s own command line tool for fast and efficient zipping of folders.
Trønderavisa in Steinkjer is our first customer, running FileTrain with PressIT zipper from mid-November.
Take control of your files
Cargo is a solution for sending and receiving large numbers of files via e-mail and FTP. The solution makes it easy for your contributors/customers to send large files with the correct information attached. Cargo makes it possible to preflight files directly in a web browser, giving both sender and receiver full control over files, metadata and status of files.
Online preflight module – with customizable web forms
With the online preflight module you can check incoming files for errors before arriving in production, and it automatically gives feedback to the sender if the file was according to standard. The web forms are customizable, so your customer only needs to fill out the form with your requested information and press send. No special FTP client is needed.
For users who upload files frequently there is a small desktop application where the user can upload without using a web browser. “Cargo Sender” allows users to upload and send large number of files by a simple drag & drop.
Cargo is available in four different versions:
- Small – Suitable for smaller Companies. One inflow, one customizable web form. Also included in all versions is Cargo Staff and Cargo Admin.
- Medium – Same as the Small Version. In addition it includes as many different web forms as you like. The Medium version also includes Cargo Sender, which you can give to as many of your frequent users as you wish.
- Large – Large is the same as the medium version but with the addition to automate your workflow – any kind of moving, copying, adding metadata to images, picking up files from an FTP server or e-mail. The automation tool that is integrated is FileTrain.
- XLarge – All functionality. Plus the option to search a 3rd party SQL database (SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL).
Cargo is a product from Laidback Solutions. Read more…
Metadata plugin for Indesign
Sherpa is a productive plugin for InDesign, for handling metadata on images. It makes it possible to add, delete and edit metadata on images. You can also use Sherpa to stamp information on the use of an image onto the image; i.e. when was the image last used, where and in which size. You can also use Sherpa to create automated workflows using metadata.
Working With Sherpa
The Sherpa palette shows you all images in Your InDesign document and you can view and edit metadata. When working with copies of images, you may even update originals. Sherpa allows you to edit namespaces manually, or by creating sets which can update several tags at once.
Sherpa also includes a “Repro” action. The user adds a description of the repro work needed in the metadata Field – which is instantly available to the user who will do the repro work.
How can Sherpa improve Your Archives?
The ability to easily edit and correct metadata as images are used makes it fast for users to improve the information in Your Archive. The result is improved searchability and less errors, plus full overview of when and how the images in your archive have been used.
Sherpa is a product from Laidback Solutions. Read more…
Advanced File transportation
FileTrain has all the basic functions for moving and copying files and folders, over network or via FTP. Several functions can be added to the transportation of the files, like filtering which files are to be copied / moved, and routing to various destinations based on a number of conditions.
File Train also has some simple image processing functions, like entering metadata and scaling.
FileTrain has several email functions integrated. Files can be sent via email and you can set up functions in FileTrain for collecting email from defined accounts, with unwrapping of attachments. These attachments can then be routed further in other channels by FileTrain. FileTrain has an own function for back up, which makes it possible to make a copy of all the files passing through the defined channels.
FileTrain has a log of all activity in the software, with the possibility of sending a warning by email if an error should occur in the file flow.
FileTrain has no limitation on the number of folders which can be monitored or on the number of distribution channels. In addition every channel can be set up to conduct several functions in order. To exemplify, one source file can be sent to a number of destinations via network, FTS and/or email.
FileTrain can be installed both on Windows server and on work stations, and can run as application or service. In addition the software can be installed as an application on Macintosh work stations.
File Train is a product from Laidback Solutions. Read more…
FileTrain can be downloaded as a 30-day free trial from www.laidbacksolutions.se